Three Kid Circus : Raging Hormones

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Raging Hormones

I don't know what it is, but since giving birth, I'm a cry baby. I get choked up all the time, sometimes appropriately, but usually not.

What seems to really get the waterworks going is triumphant music...the national anthem, boo hoo! Play ball! Then there's fireworks. Oh! And parades. Something about a procession brings a lump to my throat and I have to choke back my tears so I don't look like an idiot. Like Linda Richman, I get farklempt and allow the good folks around me to "talk amongst yourselves."

Nothing says "I'm having a great time!" like crying during the Disneyland Parade of Stars, and then again during the nightly fireworks.

With my penchant for irrational emotional displays, the opening ceremonies for the Olympics were downright wet. The comet at the very beginning brought the lump to my throat and by the time we got to the Parade of Nations or whatever its called, I was weeping. The lighting of the flame put me over the edge. I feel hung over this morning.

I had to laugh at myself. I was literally moved to tears by the entrance of Angola? Why were people dressed like statues and a boy in a paper boat so moving? It's not because I'm an athlete, or because I'm super patriotic. It's really odd.

I wish you all a good morning. Let the Games begin. *wiping tears* But first let me drink my coffee.