Three Kid Circus : I Must Be Doing This Wrong

Friday, August 27, 2004

I Must Be Doing This Wrong

Will somebody please explain to me what the huge whoopin' deal is with the Swiffer? In particular, the Swiffer Wet-Jet. On the rave reviews of several of my online girlfriends, I caved and bought one at Target. So, yeah, it has a battery powered squirter. And it has a weird little scrubby pad thing on one side, and a giant maxi pad that adheres to the bottom. It even has wings! I'm not impressed. I squirt, I scrub, I give it a once over with the Kotex that ate Kansas. It just doesn't seem very thorough.

Also, what the heck is up with Clorox wipes? I know I'm a pathetic housekeeper, but I went through 20 little stinky wipes to wipe my counters and cupboards down. That is an insane number of wipes. I used 20 more to do my closet sized bathroom.

The thing that's really cracking me up about the Swiffer is that my girlfriends who all love this thing are cloth diaper users. I know that they use cloth diapers for a million different reasons, all wonderful - better for baby and environment and budget yadda yadda yadda. But they are using the equivalent of a disposable diaper to wash their floor? And it doesn't even do a good job? I'm all for simplifying my cleaning. Is there a trick I'm missing?